The Alfred Daily is a new, daily, 30-minute radio programme. It is being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury campaigner Mel Costas wants supermarkets and support services to do more for people with mental health issues. (01:06)
- A fundraising motorbike ride for East Knoyle’s Clouds House is postponed. John Bramble says they do incredible work. (08:28)
- Where in Shaftesbury with Amber Harrison.
- Donhead St Mary-based celebrant Lizzie Tricks advises couples who may need to postpone their weddings. (13:00)
- Nick Andrew of Shaftesbury’s Potting Shed with a new garden plant guide. Today it’s ribes. (23:40)
- Bill Sherriff devotes a poem to Shaftesbury’s doctors and nurses. (29:40)
- Cath Toogood on growing up in St James and long-gone Shaftesbury shops. (32:50)
- Nick Crump’s wildlife recordings. Today it’s Breach Lane at dusk.