The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury author’s debut book nominated for prestigious nature writing award.
- Orders for Shaftesbury entrepreneur’s temporary domes rocket due to COVID.
- New rules for Shaftesbury groups requesting grants from council.
- Converted Compton Abbas silo selected for ‘Shed of the Year’.
- Why firefighters were descending from Shaftesbury’s highest building.
- East Stour herbalist Julie Wood on a ‘herb’ that’s great to gargle.
- The sounds of two black labs cooling down in Fontmell Brook by Nick Crump.