The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Motcombe Major Andy extends his wheelchair marathon to mark an important anniversary.
- Applicants from across Dorset could apply for Shaftesbury’s affordable homes under proposed changes – but councillor says it’s unlikely.
- Neil Adlam on one of our town’s most distinctive trees that’s also tough to climb.
- Clive Whitbourn shares nature sightings and ideas for family wildlife fun.
- Shaftesbury poet Marigold Rumble reads verse inspired by her celebration in self isolation.
- Hartgrove writer Barkley Johnson shares his story about an heir to a fortune who found happiness adopting a fake name.
- Canada geese at Melbury Abbas recorded by Nick Crump.