The Shaftesbury Church of England team is reopening some churches for private prayer at set times.
Rev Dr Helen Dawes explains what this means and tells us that a tiny Blackmore Vale church with beautiful stonework detail is one of the places of worship you can now visit.
Helen also talks about important changes to funeral services which will give friends and family an opportunity to pay their last respects and she talks about the prospect of return to regular worship.
Listen at 18:35.
- St Mary’s Motcombe – Open daily.
- St James’ Shaftesbury – Weds and Sun 2pm-4pm.
- St Peter’s Shaftesbury – Mon-Sat 10am-2pm, Sun 11am-2pm.
- St John’s Enmore Green – Open daily.
- St Thomas’ Melbury Abbas – Open daily.
- St Luke’s West Orchard – Sat 12pm-5pm.
- St Mary’s Compton Abbas – Opening, but details are still being finalised.
- St Margaret’s Margaret Marsh – Not open at this time.