We’re really excited to introduce you to the first ever edition of ‘North Dorset Nature’, a weekly programme devoted to the wildlife on our doorstep.
Dee Abbott presents this week’s programme. In this episode:
- Natalie Bourchier and Ben Hussey are ‘Down by the Brook’ studying the elaborate camouflage tube that the cadis fly larvae build to protect themselves from predators.
- Hear how you can do something practical to help increase butterfly and moth populations from Robin George of Butterfly Conservation Dorset.
- Nick Crump and Mariko White spot their first two brimstone butterflies of the season on Castle Hill.
- Dee takes you on a tour of a 5-star hedgerow hotel, where guests include a Royal Family member!
- Nick Crump and Jan Keen perform North Dorset Nature’s theme tune ‘Sunflowers in the Breeze’.