Join us for this week’s edition of North Dorset Nature.
On this week’s programme:
- Nature news from Dee Abbott – the first sighting in Dorset of an obscure fungus has been recorded in Motcombe. And Dee has news of a live web cam of nesting barn owls.
- Ben and Natalie examine the phenomenally successful reintroduction of red kites to the British Isles and question whether it would be possible to reintroduce other apex predators.
- It’s week four of our hedgehog diary, where Nick Crump updates us on news of the ailing hedgehog in his care.
- Our Natural World – Shaftesbury poet Catherine Simmonds tells us about her favourite place to enjoy nature locally and her favourite wild experience.
- Nick Crump chats with Tom Perrett about the blackbird life cycle, including a song and the many things that have been named ‘blackbird’ over the years. The show ends with a blackbird singing and the sound of blackbird having a bath in saucer of water.