The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Extra HGVs in Fontmell Magna blamed on traffic advisory signs displaying COVID-19 messages.
- Shaftesbury Abbey plans a staged reopening following museum revamp. Alfred takes a tour of the new-look attraction.
- Art exhibitions to return to Bell Street’s Gallery in July.
- Shaftesbury’s first book festival postponed due to the pandemic.
- Farming expert David Kerswell on the types of sheep you’ll see in Shaftesbury fields.
- Mind the gap – Shaftesbury historian Robert Mullins on Salisbury Street’s demolished houses. He tells us how the town expanded after the war.
- Shaftesbury poet Richard Foreman reads his verse inspired by Higher Coombe.
- Nick Crump records a chaffinch’s chat on Breach Lane.