The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury woman charged with assault following police search on Sunday.
- Dorset planners approve Lidl’s Shaftesbury store for a second time.
- BV Dairy increases production for home recipe kits.
- A racing bike sports attraction is planned for Littledown.
- Motcombe will feature in North Dorset’s walking festival.
- Repaired – the potholed road to a popular Shaftesbury beauty spot.
- Cabbages and water boatmen – Shaftesbury’s wildlife-friendly gardener Dirty Nails.
- Shaftesbury poet Richard Foreman reads his verse inspired by Belfast.
- Soundscapes – Nick Crump records a wren near Budden’s Lane.