The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Dorset’s crime rate falls but which rural forces are doing better?
- The Kings Arms’ new publicans prepare for Monday opening.
- Dorset Council makes more signs after another diverted HGV gets stuck.
- Why Margaret Marsh singer Samantha is excited by her new pet emus.
- Camomile from a campervan – Shaftesbury’s mobile herb vendor is a hit.
- Medicinal herbalist Julie Wood on the Abbey’s ancient healing plants.
- Soundscapes – rocking robins lead afternoon birdsong on Park Walk.