The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Church bells to ring in Shaftesbury for an important historic event.
- Tribute to Allistair Leaske – A Motcombe man ‘who had great presence’.
- VJ Day – Motcombe Colonel John Blashford Snell salutes ‘The Forgotten Army’.
- Tom Perrett walks around Shaftesbury’s southern slopes.
- Shaftesbury book reviewer Karen Cole recommends ‘Slow Slicing’ by Tony J Forder.
- Paul Merefield poses his Saturday pub quiz questions.
- An owl and a pussy cat – recorded on Breach Lane.