The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Former staff and pupils saddened by closure of Shaftesbury’s St Mary’s School.
- Motcombe residents want action over protected trees affecting their homes.
- Shaftesbury Council votes by four votes to one to oppose new estate on green slopes.
- David Kerswell – How North Dorset wheat yields have increased each decade.
- Robert Mullins on Shaftesbury’s gasometers and grazing on St James Park.
- Breach lane bees buzzing around lavender in bloom by Nick Crump.