The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Walking with alpacas – Shaftesbury’s gentle tourism draw.
- COVID gathering rules – Dorset police prefer encouragement over enforcement.
- Christmas comes earlier in Fontmell due to COVID.
- Road approval paves the way for North Dorset housing development.
- Councillor uses casting vote to determine Father’s House funding.
- Wardour smallholder Mary Myers – putting the ‘pee’ in compost.
- St James seemed separate from Shaftesbury remembers Robert Mullins.
- Sparrows bathe on Breach Lane – recorded by Nick Crump.