The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Free summer outdoor yoga sessions are coming to Shaftesbury.
- Double funding boost for Shaftesbury in Bloom.
- Free fabric on offer for Shaftesbury good causes.
- Motcombe Parish Council continue with free dog poo bags.
- Shaftesbury history – Dave Hardiman on the harsh treatment of a 19th century single mum.
- Neighbours Karren and Kate discuss Shaftesbury café culture and hand gestures.
- Hartgrove writer Barkley Johnson reads his story about an antique shop find – The Box.
- The sound of cygnets on the Stour by Nick Crump.