The Alfred Daily is a new, daily, 30-minute radio programme. It is being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Guy’s Marsh inmates are working to support Shaftesbury hospital staff.
- Long delay for Shaftesbury’s Neighbourhood Plan caused by COVID-19.
- Shaftesbury man offers to deliver hand sanitiser to shops and key workers.
- The lockdown has boosted online property views and some Shaftesbury streets are proving popular.
- David Kerswell explains how Shaftesbury’s farming landscape has changed since Hardy.
- Nick Andrew shares a Shaftesbury example of a colourful shrub named after a British explorer.
- Neil Adlam admires a Gascoigne’s Lane tree that dates back to Charles II’s reign.
- Afternoon birdsong in Dockham Bottom.