The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Newly approved Shaftesbury Lidl store could boost town centre trade says Dorset Council.
- Tough calls – the Shaftesbury man appointed director of Salisbury Samaritans.
- A new weekly Shaftesbury area newspaper set to launch.
- Healthy and affordable food – the legacy of Shaftesbury’s lockdown food parcels.
- Shaftesbury’s former schools – Cath Toogood’s shares our town’s history.
- Wildlife-friendly gardener Dirty Nails on three-cornered leeks, New Road’s clay soils and cuckoos.
- Jackdaws and magpies in Enmore Green recorded by Nick Crump.