The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Changes in store for Shaftesbury’s shoppers when Oxfam Books reopens this week.
- Sovereign Housing Association will offer 51 affordable new homes in Shaftesbury.
- Bear grills – Teddybear Corner’s owner Win on her customers’ tough questions.
- More animal art appears on Shaftesbury’s Breach Lane.
- Win Gillingham and Shaftesbury show tickets with their farming art contest.
- Barkley Johnson reads his short story ‘Threadbare’ about a young boy’s adventure.
- Spotting Fontmell Down butterflies with Rachel Diment.
- Shaftesbury poet Catherine Simmonds shares verse in tribute of her favourite bird.
- Mid-morning bird call in Duncliffe Wood.