The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Dorset Council’s U-turn on cashless parking payment is welcomed.
- A new fund to help Dorset artists struggling because of the lockdown.
- Free money to help Shaftesbury businesses grow.
- The Guy’s Marsh craftsman with time on his hands – clockmaker Rich Poulter.
- Where in Shaftesbury? Amber Harrison tests your town knowledge.
- Town clerk Claire Commons shares details of four new Shaftesbury planning applications.
- Historian Claire Ryley on a Shaftesbury street’s smelly past.
- Medicinal herbalist Julie Wood on the plant that’s a natural plaster and works as a mouthwash.
- Nick Crump plays back the dawn chorus as Shaftesbury’s Wilderness wakes up.