The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury’s street cleaning volunteers are unhappy with an emerging form of litter.
- Abbey View patients get answers in the first live ‘ask the medic’ session. Shaftesbury’s health team also offer advice on wearing gloves in public.
- Near normal service resumes as town centre café adapts for takeaways from today.
- Green parenting blogger Rosie Langley on keeping the kids engaged with nature. She says lockdown has created a bond with her neighbours on The Maltings.
- Shaftesbury book reviewer Karen Cole with a novel released to mark VE-Day 75.
- Amber Harrison tests your town knowledge in ‘Where in Shaftesbury?’
- Shaftesbury poet Richard Foreman with verse inspired by a local path through woodland.
- Nick Crump records a magpie and a blackbird at Wincombe Wood.