The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- No Shaftesbury or Motcombe local will miss hot Christmas dinner.
- New chairman backs parish council tax freeze for Donhead St Marys.
- History – the spiteful Shaftesbury former MP who cut off the town’s water.
- The craft of traditional hedge laying on Shaftesbury’s Laundry Lane.
- The Appleby twins attempt bathroom fitting.
- Shaftesbury poet Richard Foreman reads ‘In My Grandfather’s Room’.
- Soundscapes – starlings at dusk near East Orchard.