The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Flying resumes from Compton Abbas but the café’s reopening date remains up in the air.
- Cruise entertainer Jess is home in Shaftesbury after quarantine on a ship in the Atlantic.
- Shaftesbury Children’s Society has a fundraising challenge says John Parker.
- Shaftesbury Town Council call ‘no confidence’ vote meeting for second time.
- Dorset publisher David Burnett on Shaftesbury’s historic love of beer.
- Hartgrove writer Barkley Johnson reads his curious tale about currency.
- A tawny owl and ducks at dusk in Ludwell – recorded by Nick Crump.