The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury’s MP explains why he abstained in free school meals vote.
- Shaftesbury library encourages kids to turn ‘trash to treasure’.
- Mary Myers’ Wardour charity – changing the lives of Kenyan orphans.
- Paul Merefield’s pub quiz.
- Autumnal ‘hide and seek’ for Kate Scott’s Shaftesbury hens.
- Tom Perrett’s walk – eight miles around North Dorset’s iconic oak.
- Karen Cole book reviews – ‘A Prayer for the Broken’ by Mark Tilbury.
- Wildlife Sounds recorded by ‘Corax’ – a pair of ravens in Ashmore.