The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Santa arrives in Shaftesbury on a motorbike.
- The Bishop of Sherborne’s message for Shaftesbury residents.
- How Shaftesbury’s Syrian family celebrates Christmas.
- A Christmas message from Shaftesbury’s mayor and the chairmen of Melbury Abbas, Motcombe and Compton Abbas Parish Councils.
- Working on Christmas day – West Melbury farmer Jon Stanley.
- Christmas music from Shaftesbury Town Silver Band.
- Delivering Christmas day meals to Shaftesbury residents in need.
- East Stour herbalist Julie Wood on holly’s special properties.
- Magpies and blackbirds in Duncliffe by Nick Crump.