The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Your views sought as Shaftesbury pedestrianisation is extended – but through traffic will most likely return.
- Shaftesbury Council float plans for Oasis Pool re-opening.
- How Shaftesbury Camera Club members help improve each other’s photo-taking.
- Taking stock during lockdown – Shaftesbury shopkeeper Vanessa Cole reinvents her business.
- Shaftesbury historian Robert Mullins on the guns of Park Walk.
- Mary Myers takes us sheep shearing on her Wardour smallholding.
- The beautiful sound of summer evening birdsong recorded on Castle Hill.