The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Next month’s new Shaftesbury-area walking festival is booking up fast.
- How you can help endangered Shaftesbury hedgehogs.
- Volunteer trustees sought for Shaftesbury retired residents’ accommodation.
- John Brickell’s Cann memories – market gardening and The Listen Inn pub.
- 84-year-old Ernie Steel still hard at work as a North Dorset hurdle maker.
- Morning birdsong on Raspberry Lane.