The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Negotiations to save St Mary’s School continue as deadline extends.
- Shaftesbury Town Council approves funfair’s August return.
- Tai Chi can use Castle Green for free.
- Council remains committed to new long-stay Coppice Street car park.
- Open-air Food and Craft Market will return in the autumn following this weekend’s success.
- Why Shaftesbury CofE Sunday churchgoers are arriving earlier now.
- Dorset dialect and tales of haymaking with John Cluett.
- Nick Andrew from The Potting Shed’s featured plant is myrtle.
- Ducks on Springhead pond recorded by Nick Crump.