The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre re-opening is ‘a new beginning’ says chairman.
- British Legion chairman on alternative plans for poppy collection.
- Artist Grenville Allen and the curious way he discovered East Melbury.
- Shaftesbury what’s ons.
- Kate and Karren chat ‘over the garden fence’ about groceries past their sell-by date.
- Hartgrove writer Barkley Johnson reads ‘The Ring’.
- Folk from Shaftesbury High Street – Cliff Skey, and John and Margaret Cluett.