The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- A Semley family re-opens their village local with a takeaway-only service. The Bennet Arms’ new team was expecting the lockdown when they signed for the pub.
- The lockdown has increased sales for two Shaftesbury area farmers.
- Tip for coping with self-isolation loneliness from Stour Row’s Dorset Mind befriender.
- How the COVID-19 shutdown is helping Shaftesbury Abbey re-evaluate their museum revamp.
- Learn a Dorset dialect word inspired by John Cluett’s Breach Common walk.
- Neil Adlam on a Shaftesbury tree that resembles a dinosaur’s foot. The tree can be made into an alcoholic drink.
- Shaftesbury writer Richard Foreman presents his poem ‘Ambition’.
- Early morning sounds recorded at Margaret Marsh.