The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury area COVID-19 cases remain below average.
- Semley must retain families to avoid ‘dormitory village’ status.
- Two new recruits to Shaftesbury Fringe committee.
- Shaftesbury food writer Anna Del Conte – her recipes inspired Nigella.
- Barkley Johnson reads his short story ‘The Merlin Connection’.
- Kate and Karren chat ‘over the garden fence’ about wishbones, avoiding ironing and hankies.
- Greenfinches at Breach Common recorded by Nick Crump.