The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shopkeepers disappointed by Dorset Council’s changes to Shaftesbury pedestrianisation.
- More food and a ‘festival feel’ for second Turnpike Showground market.
- New online magazine for the Blackmore Vale is coming.
- Tom Perrett walks to the Coombes and shares a fine food foraging tip.
- How Breach Lane chicken keeper Kate uses her hens to make tough decisions.
- Shaftesbury holiday weekend what’s ons.
- Paul Merefield’s pub quiz.
Shaftesbury book blogger Karen Cole reviews ‘Death in the East’ by Abir Mukherjee.
- Nick Crump records Birds gathering in a hawthorn tree on Breach Lane.