The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- The Shaftesbury schoolgirl campaigning for kids to educate adults about litter.
- Bell Street’s Got Talent – Shaftesbury Arts Centre launches online performance contest.
- Shaftesbury councillors propose natural playpark for St James.
- Historian David Burnett on Ashmore’s spooky unseen spirits.
- Bats, birds and butterflies – Clive Whitbourn’s North Dorset nature diary.
- Shaftesbury poet Catherine Simmonds reads ‘Bright Fields’.
- Nick Andrew’s featured Shaftesbury plant is phygelius – as seen on Bell Street.
- Nick Crump records Ashmore Woods’ birdlife and an agitated squirrel.