The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury Town Council supports plans for temporary High Street pedestrianisation.
- A Shaftesbury aromatherapist turns author with a magical children’s book containing moral messages.
- Shaftesbury Football Club to provide more opportunities for young players.
- Amazing Grace – Shaftesbury’s mayor, town crier and Town Band musicians celebrate a 100-year-old’s birthday.
- East Stour herbalist Julie Wood shares the medicinal properties of ‘a tree of magic, folklore and enchantment’.
- Karren and Kate chat ‘over the garden fence’ sharing family stories of the pre-health and safety era.
- A rowdy robin in an Enmore Green holly bush – recorded by Nick Crump.