The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury reopens to overnight visitors – some businesses report healthy bookings.
- A unique Shaftesbury job – bat expert wanted.
- Shaftesbury Library to offer handpicked ‘lucky dip’ book selection.
- Shaftesbury Abbey’s new manager invites you to visit the gardens for free.
- Motcombe’s landlord of thirty years looks forward to welcoming back regulars.
- Julie Wood on the medicinal properties of a plant found at Fontmell Down.
- Nick Crump recordings cows splashing in the Sturkle’s waters.