The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Heartfelt appeal from Shaftesbury dog owner following pet theft.
- Rodney Atwood settles in as editor of Melbury Abbas’ Spreadeagle magazine.
- Heather Whitehead takes us for a hike to Enmore Green’s hidden treasure.
- How to get a ewe to adopt a lamb – lessons from our Wardour smallholding.
- Claire Ryley on Shaftesbury’s market gardening history reflected in a Saxon street name.
- Amber spots early flowering as she studies Shaftesbury’s hedgerows.
- Shaftesbury writer Barkley Johnson read his short story – The Handyman.