The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Dorset Council weed killer spraying breaches Shaftesbury Town Council’s bee-friendly guidelines.
- Walking for Health’s Peter Wells recommends some Shaftesbury walks.
- Street art to promote Shaftesbury Fringe’s return – a year from now.
- Salt Cellar owner proud his café survived lockdown uncertainty.
- Why Shaftesbury chicken keeper Kate has been watching her birds’ behaviour.
- Shaftesbury Carnival chairman discusses his positive COVID-19 test.
- Shaftesbury book blogger Karen Cole reviews ‘Blood Red City’ by Rod Reynolds.
- Get ready for Paul Merefield’s tough pub quiz questions.
- Nick Crump records the sound of Ashmore Woods at dusk.