The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- COVID-19 cases fall across Dorset but rises in Shaftesbury and some villages.
- Shaftesbury School teacher runs 100 miles for North Dorset refuge.
- Queen’s official Dorset representative to open Fontmell flower garden.
- A 17th century Shaftesbury trust buying computers for kids in need.
- Kate and Karren chat about gymwear styles.
- Hartgrove writer Barkley Johnson reads ‘A Village Life’.
- Dorset dialect poetry – John Cluett explains ‘The Vrost’ by William Barnes.
- Soundscapes – newborn lambs gambolling alongside Melbury’s White Pit Lane.