The Alfred Daily is a 30-minute radio programme for Shaftesbury and the surrounding area, being broadcast 7 days-a-week. On The Alfred Daily today:
- Shaftesbury pedestrianisation opponent offers concession to road closure supporters.
- Shaftesbury Town Council agrees policy for tackling abuse from the public or their own councillors.
- Work party volunteers needed to ‘reclaim’ Breach Common on Saturday.
- Encourage insects by reducing pesticides says Wiltshire Wildlife Trust chief.
- Shaftesbury history – Claire Ryley on Parson’s Pool.
- How volunteers are transforming Abbey View Medical Centre’s outdoor space.
- David Kerswell’s North Dorset Farming Diary focuses on cereal crops.
- The waterwheel at Cann Mill recorded by Nick Crump.